The Swain County Caring Corner: We are a non-profit organization that seeks to provide medical services to the underserved in our communities.
Office and Registration: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9AM-Noon Volunteers make appointments and follow up on labs and referrals.
Clinic: Thursday 4PM-9PM Volunteer medical providers see patients with appointments.
Call us at 828-341-1998 to sign up for care if you or a loved one is uninsured and makes less than 200% of poverty level. Others may also qualify so please contact us to see if you qualify to receive free medical care from our volunteer providers.
Office and Clinic are located at Bryson City Methodist Church
Front Parking Rear Parking
76 Main St. 76 Academy St. (across from DSS)
Bryson City, NC 28713
What SCCC does:
- Diagnoses & treats patients with the whole spectrum of acute and chronic problems from A-Z (Abscesses to Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)
- Helps patients obtain low cost or free prescription medications
- Encourages adherence to preventive maintenance testing guidelines
- Refers patients to Swain County Health Department for sexually transmitted infection testing & other services
- Refers patients to Appalachian Counseling when appropriate
What SCCC does NOT do:
- SCCC does NOT prescribe or have on site controlled substances (Tramadol, Norco, Percocet, Xanax, Ambien, Ritalin, etc).